Grilled Jalapeno Ziti and Cheese
This is a variation of our Adult Mac and Cheese recipe, but this time with grilled jalapeno peppers and spicy Italian sausage. This is a great dinner time surprise, but seriously geared toward the adults.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, quartered and grilled
- 10 ounces spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups mini ziti noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- Boil ziti noodles per the box instructions, as desired. Drain and add to a medium mixing pot.
- Heat pot to medium heat and add all ingredients except for jalapeno peppers.
- Mix constantly until cheese is completed melted and spread throughout.
- Serve into bowls and top with grilled jalapeno spears.
NOTE: You can easily prepare your Italian sausage ahead of time and refrigerate them, then microwave them for inclusion in this recipe in order to save time. We’ve used sausages leftover from grilling parties and they worked just as great.