Spicy Guacamole-Potato-Salad with Roasted Jalapeno Peppers
Summertime is often potato salad time, a favorite party dish that is easy to make for a crowd and usually well received. We grew tired of the same old potato salad and wanted some spice, and you know what that means? Jalapeno peppers! Yes, our guacamole style potato salad mashup recipe is sure to please.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, roasted and chopped (How to roast jalapeno peppers)
- 1 pound small yellow potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro + some for garnish
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and quarter the potatoes. Add them to water with teaspoon of salt and boil about 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are nice and tender.
- Drain potatoes and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- To bowl, add cider vinegar, pinch of salt, dried cilantro, garlic powder and chopped jalapeno peppers. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour to allow flavors to absorb.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, avocado, minced garlic, fresh chopped cilantro and lime juice. Mix to combine.
- Add creamy mixture to potato-jalapeno mixture and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve!
Share your Jalapeno Love:
Jalapeno Recipes Galore
Print Edition - 250+ Recipes
Jalapeno Madness -
The e-Cookbook! 2nd Edition!
Jalapeno Poppers and
Other Stuffed Chili Peppers