Spicy Italian Sausage and Turkey Meatballs
These juicy and spicy meatballs are great for your favorite pasta meal or for a meatball sandwich.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 roasted jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasonings, dried
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat and add onion with a splash of olive oil. Saute about 5 minutes, or until onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add minced garlic and spread. Cook the garlic about 1 minute, until fragrant. It smells so good!
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, ground Italian sausage, roasted jalapeno peppers, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Italian seasonings, chili powder and beaten egg. Hand mix, but do not over mix.
- Add cooled onions and garlic, then mix well to combine.
- Form into roughly 16 2-ounce meatballs and set aside.
- Heat your pan back to medium-high heat and add about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add meatballs and sear about 1 minute, then flip and sear the other sides. Make sure they become nice and brown.
- Add chicken broth and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer about 15-20 more minutes, or until they are thoroughly cooked through.